I cannot believe I didn't find out about PB2 earlier. PB2 is peanut butter made with peanuts that are slow roasted, then pressed to remove the fat. There's no added sugar or artificial flavors. The best thing is that it is only 45 calories per serving, compared to regular peanut butter, which is typically 190 calories per serving.
It comes in a powder form and all you have to
do is add water until you reach the desired consistency. I have friends that add it to their shakes. This week I am going to attempt to have more protein shakes. I have to watch my calories a little until I am able to get motivated to get a good workout. I have been slacking a little and only doing partial workout....
PEANUT BUTTER FUN FACTS:
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter
- Peanuts account for two-thirds of all snack nuts consumed in the USA
- Peanuts contribute more than $4 billion to the USA economy each year
- Americans spend almost $800 million a year on peanut butter
- The average American consumes more than six pounds of peanuts and peanut butter products each year
- The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before he/she graduates high school
- Americans consume on average over 1.5 billion pounds of peanut butter and peanut products each year
- Americans eat enough peanut butter in a year to make more than 10 billion peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- The amount of peanut butter eaten in a year could wrap the earth in a ribbon of 18-ounce peanut butter jars one and one-third times
- Two peanut farmers have been elected president of the USA – Thomas Jefferson and Jimmy Carter
- Peanut butter was the secret behind “Mr. Ed,” TV’s talking horse. Spreading peanut butter inside the horse’s mouth created a natural talking movement every time the animal moved his sticky jaws
- According to Little Brownie Bakers, cookie bakers use about 230,000 pounds of peanut butter per week to bake Do-si-dos and Tagalongs
- Women and children prefer creamy, while most men opt for chunky
- Sixty percent of consumers prefer creamy peanut butter over crunchy
- Peanuts have more protein, niacin, folate and phytosterols than any nut
- Rumor says that there’s enough mental stimulation in one peanut to produce 30 minutes of serious thinking. That may or may not be true, but peanuts are a good source of protein and the B vitamins, nutrients that help prevent “brain fatigue”
- One of the many great advantages of peanuts and peanut butter is long shelf life. If held at average ambient temperature without great change in heat or humidity, peanuts and peanut butter can be safely stored for several months
Source: National Peanut Board
QUESTION: Have you tried PB2? If so, do you use it in any recipes?